The Winnipeg Metropolitan region will move to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System effective Monday, November 2nd. The following measures will be put in place:
Sports and Recreation Activities
* All recreational facilities, group sports, arcades, bowling, etc. Suspended.
* All indoor and outdoor sports facilities closed.
During Dr. Roussin’s press release he encouraged everyone to implement all the new restrictions immediately.
SVMHA also received word Hockey Winnipeg is implementing the following directives:
* Effective Saturday, October 31st ALL Hockey Winnipeg sanctioned activities must cease and are postponed until further notice
* This is including but not limited to: practices, development sessions, games, exhibition games, dryland workouts and team functions
* Hockey Winnipeg teams are NOT permitted to travel outside the city to participate in any hockey activities
* These directives apply to all levels of play within Hockey Winnipeg including U18 AAA
* A number of facilities are already closed in Winnipeg. Before going to the rink tonight please check to see if your facility is still open.
Hockey Winnipeg would like to encourage our members to follow the Provincial guidelines, the sooner we can stop the spread of Covid-19 the sooner we can get back to the rink.
When more information becomes available regarding a return to sanctioned activity it will be shared at that time.
As a result of facility closures and the aforementioned information, effective immediately SVMHA has closed St. Vital Centennial Arena and all SVMHA sanctioned activities must cease and are postponed until further notice.
Please let me be clear. We do not know how long these restrictions will be in place but have the full intent of returning to the ice when the facilities are opened with the goal of returning to game play. We as a board will continue to strive to provide your children with an opportunity to enjoy the wonderful game of hockey in a safe manner.
Thank you for your time and patience during these trying times. Please stay safe and enjoy the quality time with your families.
Parents must complete the Provincial Screening tool prior to attending to an arena to watch their children. You can access this tool at sharedhealthmb.ca
Then they need to completed the tracking form below
Everyone in hockey can benefit in this 20 minute Free Course, but each team will require one Communications officer to take it.
Click Here to get to the signup page.
St Vital Minor Hockey Association now has a more powerful way for you to stay connected with us via our newly launched Facebook and Twitter pages.
We’ve created these new social media pages to better serve our community. So please join us at our new page and invite your friends to join ->
580 St Annes Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba - R2M 3G4